Docker VS Kubernetes: What’s The Difference?
Those who are interested in containers and cloud-native technologies must be keen to know about Docker and Kubernetes. Also, Docker Vs Kubernetes is one of the most demanding topics and today will look into the same.
However, our wide range of cloud services includes Docker and Kubernetes as well.
We have seen people looking to enhance their knowledge about these two DevOps technologies and their difference. Further, at Linearloop, you can hire Kubernetes developers who will execute the project in the most optimized way.
Being a leading cloud service provider in India, we always maintain quality and transparency throughout the development process. Prior to going for the difference between Docker and Kubernetes, you must understand these concepts individually.
What is Docker?
When it comes to containers, Docker is always there. It is a software platform that supports the development of the application through a small and lightweight environment.
It is open-source, and developers prefer it for the packaging and distribution of applications that need to be centralized.
Further, the concept facilitates a shared operating system kernel, and each process runs individually without any dependency on the other. If we go in history, Docker came into existence in the year 2013. and since then, the life of developers is a little easier.
Now they have a provision to create a package for the entire application and execute it on any machine. As far as, Linearloop is concerned, we have a talented team of DevOps and hire the best docker developers in India from here exclusively.
Further, the concept of Docker revolves around four points. Many people are not aware of these concepts, hence have a look. If you already know, it is incredible.
- Docker Universal Control Plane facilitates concrete experience to their users through a single interface.
- For resilient architecture, it has a single point failure.
- Docker offers security through the automated certificate.
- Backward compatibility is assured in Docker.
Important terms used in Docker Swarm: Knowing exact terminologies is always essential, and being a growing cloud service provider in India, we know its significance. So always pay attention to it.
- Node: Node is one that operates instances of the docker engine.
- Swarm: Basically, Swarm is the collection or network of various instances of docker-engine.
- Worker Node: These are the instances of the Docker engine that executes applications inside the containers
- Manager Node: Maintenance of cluster state and task scheduling are the primary responsibilities of Manager Node.
What is Kubernetes?
Google is behind the foundation of Kubernetes and is an open-source that fulfills the purpose of containers deployment, operations upscale, and cluster-wide embedding all automation.
Being a technocrat, you must be knowing that applications have thousands of containers, and each has its defined instance, control, and management. Management of all these tasks is not simple, and hence Kubernetes is involved to manage and up-scale the features.
Also, at Linearloop, we have the world’s best Kubernetes developers who analyze your project from ground level and build it accordingly. Next time whenever you want to hire a Kubernetes developer in India, we are here.
Terminologies used in Kubernetes:
Let’s know some important terms used in Kubernetes:
- Cluster: In Kubernetes, a set of nodes or networks execute containerized applications, and its name is the cluster.
- Node: The worker machine in Kubernetes is called Node. It can either be a virtual machine or a physical machine. Further, the control plane manages each of the nodes.
- Pods: The smallest execution unit of Kubernetes is called Pods. These pods are transient in nature. Whenever any pod fails, Kubernetes creates its replica to keep the process or operation working.
- Container: Basically, the container has everything that is required for the execution of an application. It is a ready-to-run software package.
So far, we have understood the concept of Kubernetes and Docker in detail. Now we will move towards differences. So, the upcoming section will cover the detailed comparison of Docker Vs. Kubernetes.
Hence, if you are searching for the difference between Docker and Kubernetes, the below-mentioned section will be helpful. Further, if any point keeps you in doubt, contact us immediately. We will do our best to sort out the issue.
Docker Vs. Kubernetes
We will analyze both concepts on various parameters. Comparison of different parameters is essential because each technology has its own significance.
Let’s have a look
Operations/Working on both the containers:
These are some major differences between docker and Kubernetes. As we have stated earlier, each technology has its own significance. Further, the selection of any technology is dependent upon the requirement of your project.
Being a reliable cloud service provider in India, we always recommend analyzing the project’s requirements and choosing whatever is best for the project.
Further, if any query comes to your mind, we are always there with the solution. Feel free to connect.